Ceasiv Iar


 

 Ceasiv Iar is a locality in Ukraine, that is about to be conquered by Russians...

When Russians will succeed in painting Ceasiv Iar in the renaissance colors of war, then that will be a sad day.

But my article is not about war, is about a habit of mine, a custom that kicks in sometimes. Often when I see a photo, no matter the subject, I find myself thinking how will look that photo if I do this or that? And I end up processing it - I do this when I don't use my photo camera...  I process photos that I find interesting.

So, I was reading this article and found the photo posted above... probably it is supposed to be dramatic and have some introductory feeling in the sad story of that region. It didn't looked that way to me... I thought (as I wrote already) that something like an old oil painting will do better in dressing the story with the drama it deserves. 

As such, I downloaded some HaldCLUT simulations from here, loaded them in RawTherapee software and started playing with the original photo. I ended up with this one... 


It is how I felt about... Any place can be dark, humid, cold and ugly, but the same place can look amazing in the light of sun. Lets hope for the better and pray for the people that live there, no matter the nature of the events.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noua harta a Europei

Noul normal - viata intr-o zona activa seismic

Bring the Land of the Bible to your doorstep!

The subscription box that follows in the footsteps of Jesus, delivering the best artisanal food, crafts, and content from across the Holy Land straight to your door.

Join us on a journey that brings the Land of the Bible, it's people and it's history to life while supporting the people who call Israel home.

Get Started

Total Pageviews